Jan 9, 2020
Positivity, Bestselling Books in 16+ Categories, Copy Tips, Writing Advice, and more with our special guest Kelsey Henry! At age 25 she wrote, self-published, and launched her book (hitting 16 categories in the US and 9 in Australia at the #1 spot) in about 2 months from start to finish. You can too!
Kelsey reveals how she did it, obstacles you faced but overcame, plus her favorite tools you can use...
- Background of Kelsey...Pinterest manager...singer/songwriter, positivity coach
- Bestselling 2x -- 16+ categories
- Tips and tricks for fast writing of your book, even if you have no idea where to start
- Things that went wrong with the books
- Beyond the book...getting products into stores, selling books and merch at in-person events, speaking on stage
- Adult coloring book creation
- Book 1: Growing Up Roadschooled: Stories, Lyrics, & Lessons Learned From Full-Time RVing & Life After Roadschooling
- Book 2: A Positively Delighted Coloring Book: Color Your Way to Happiness in 30 Days
Kelsey Henry from Positively Delighted is a best-selling author, singer/songwriter, positivity coach, coloring page designer, digital nomad, and host of The Positively Delighted Show podcast. Her passion for positivity and self-esteem began during her unique childhood growing up roadschooled in an RV from ages 11-17.
Kelsey is the author of two books on Amazon, Growing Up Roadschooled: Stories, Lyrics, & Lessons Learned from Full-time RVing & Life After Roadschooling and A Positively Delighted Coloring Book: Color Your Way to Happiness in 30 Days.
She is also a certified Canfield Success Trainer, Happy For No Reason Trainer, and Laughter Yoga Leader. She uses these programs to help others create a positive mindset and a life of delight, laughter, and fun! You can find her traveling the country and running her business on the road from her converted glamper car.
“Giving your self a tight deadline forces you fo find a way and not come up with excuses.” - Laura Petersen
“Stories are great ways to teach anything, so being able to tell a good story is incredibly useful.” - Kelsey Henry
“I think having better expectations going into things because something can be really successful but if your expectations are really high than it will seem like a failure.” - Kelsey Henry
“What helped me the most with Grammarly was that it would identify if I use the same phrases over and over again, which I did a lot.” - Kelsey Henry
To access full show notes please click here!