Jan 22, 2019
What are the benefits of Podcasting at a personal and business level?
First, a little information…
A Senior at Cal State Fullerton in the Business Marketing program named Miles reached out recently. He said he was doing a research project that focuses on Podcasting and the benefits it can have on both a personal and business level.
So, I recorded my answers to his 14 questions right after I got home from vacation with my husband in New Zealand in November 2018 and sent them back to him.
I believe what I said can help not just Miles and whoever he shares his project with, but all of you who are thinking about podcasting.
I am sharing this with you now because in 2019 I want to do more ‘repurposing’ of content. Where I create something valuable and share it in more than one places and in more than one form.
In my own journey, I started this podcast before writing books, but that is just one way to do it. If you already have a book or book plan, why not use your content for BOTH?
If you have a course, why not turn it into a podcast and a book?
If you have a step by step process you take your clients through, why not turn it into a course, podcast, and a book?
Food for thought.
Okay, let’s dive into the 14 questions and advice for Mr. Miles!
1. What is the main goal of your podcast?
2. What are the difficulties of podcasting?
3. Do you edit your own podcasts?
4. How did you choose your hosting company?
5. What parts of the podcasting process do you wish could be done for you?
6. Do you use your podcast to help with Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing?
7. In regards to producing content, what are the pain points you feel?
8. Have you considered starting a blog using your podcast material?
9. What do you think about advertising within podcasts?
10. Do you use podcasting to help build your brand? How so?
11. How much should setting up a quality podcast cost?
12. How much should each episode cost you?
13. What are 3 things any of your top competitors are doing better than you (in regards to podcasting)?
14. What is your favorite aspect of podcasting?
Hope this was a helpful Q&A session for you! Getting started in the podcast 'world' doesn't have to be hard or costly, you just have to start!