May 23, 2019
Is communicating your message on stage one of your goals or dreams? Then this week's guest has amazing tips just for you! She's a seasoned speaker and speaking coach who is passionate about helping all people find their stories and tell them in an impactful way.
We talk about:
- How did Johanna get into speaking? (Hint: She used to be super shy and thought “men are smart and women are not...I am a female, so I must not have anything of value to say”)
- Is it possible to learn to have presence and charisma on stage?
- Johanna's experience studying abroad in Italy.
- Tips for getting speaking engagements
- Why you need to let YOURSELF know you are a speaker
- Discovered she needed to speak for all women...and all people...to liberate all of us.
- What's your "genie gem"?
- Ignite Your Speaking Power (mini-training) free!
Johanna Walker is the fear-blasting, storytelling maven for coaches, consultants, leaders, and change-makers. She’s the founder of Women Who Speak, a transformational speaker coaching program for female leaders, and she’s the co-founder and co-host of Boulder, Colorado’s popular bi-monthly story slam series, Truth Be Told.
In addition to her work as a speaker and coach, Johanna has written and performed solo theater pieces that she’s toured throughout the US and Canada.
She holds an M.Ed. from Kent State University, an MFA from Naropa University, and is a certified WholeSpeak Public Speaking Coach.