Oct 31, 2018
$240,000 in one interview? How is that possible? Kelly Glover
stops by for a private VIP chat with my bestselling author client
Larry Roberts and me to reveal:
• how to make a lot of money from podcasts as a host and as a guest
• how to grow your audience for your brand and business
• the exact steps to take to find ideal shows to pitch yourself to be on
It's all about understanding the psychology of what the host wants.
A Few Highlights and Mentions:
- Where in the world did I record this intro and outro? [Hint: "Puzzling World" in the Southern Hemisphere where Lord of the Rings was famously filmed all around!]
- Larry dreams about living in New Zealand (...but I have not seen a Banana Tree yet) :-P
- Rob Walch on Copy That Pops: Episode 127: Insider Writing & Growth Tips for Podcasters from a Podcast Pro Rob Walch
- Kelly's idea to ask for $8 or $9 / month on Patreon to quickly monetize a podcast
- Chat bot usage to grow your podcast
- Are CPMs the only want to make money from podcasts?
- How to make $240,000 on a podcast episode.
- Do you have to have a podcast at all? (The answer may surprise you)
- ‘I have a book or something you want to get on more podcasts’…how do I find the best shows to get on?
- Course for how to book yourself as a podcast (Get $50 off her new course with promo code LAURA here: PodcastGuestKit.com)
- Should you have a 1-sheet?
- What is a press page? (See mine here CopyThatPops.com/media)
- Schedule Once
- Joe Pardo article: “Yes, I Charge My Podcast Guests.” — A Honest and Open Letter.
- Podcast Movement (and Podcast Cruise)
- Allison Melody, host of the popular Food Heals Podcast
- Is it rude to ask a host about their download numbers?
Kelly Glover is an award-winning podcast producer with 17-years experience in media, radio, and entertainment. She started out as a red-carpet celebrity interviewer in Hollywood and earned her broadcasting stripes as a syndicated radio host before launching podcast booking agency, The Talent Squad.
As a podcast talent booker based in New York, Kelly books high-profile guests across multiple podcasts and liaises with publicists, PR agencies, managers, agents, producers, and show executives on a daily basis to land fascinating guests for shows including Spartan Up! (Joe De Sena), Table Manners (Jessie Ware), and Taste of Taylor (Taylor Strecker).
Kelly also oversees the guest expert division of The Talent Squad podcast agency and manages the Los Angeles team of guest bookers.
Kelly is a graduate of Ohio University, and The Australian Film Television and Radio School (Commercial Radio Broadcasting). She is an award-winning podcast producer and super pro when it comes to getting booked on top podcasts. Get $50 off her new course with promo code LAURA here: PodcastGuestKit.com
Watch the full interview as a video (including Kelly Glover's custom feedback on our podcast 1-sheeters) back on the full shownotes for this episode