Jul 5, 2018
The psychology of improving your email marketing and how it can help sell your books, courses, products, and services...
Happy 4th of July AND Happy Podcast Movement month!!
Speaking of Podcast Movement, I met today’s guest at last year’s Podcast Movement! He is an expert in email marketing and how to upgrade your email list, why you should (hint: you definitely should!), and how to improve your business and content!
We dig into the psychology of improving your email marketing and how it can help sell your books and content!
A few exciting highlights include:
- Find out why entrepreneurs SHOULD grow their email list!
- Learn the best tips for email subject lines!
- Tips on how to avoid spam folders!
- Learn how to separate yourself as a successful business or content creator from other businesses!
- Learn how to improve your click ratings!
- What are good open rates? What are good click rates?
- Find out why open rates should be a metric and not a goal!
- Find out why you should be testing subject lines at least twice a month!
- Long form emails vs. Short-term emails? (Hint: Context vs. Content)
- Can writing "hit reply" hurt you in your email?
Erik has been building digital marketing teams, strategies, and solutions for over two decades, servicing small businesses through Fortune 500 brands. He has held several leadership roles with award-winning agencies, including starting and exiting a boutique agency via an acquisition in 2005.
Currently, Erik is CMO at AWeber.com (email technology targeting small businesses), where he oversees operations and strategy for brand marketing, social media, CRM, PR, content, and business development disciplines.
Erik has also parlayed his years of experience into creating and teaching college-level digital marketing courses (online and classroom). His recent online certification course with the University of Vermont was recently awarded top online digital marketing certification course.
He is an avid soccer player/watcher, coffee drinker, and recently became an ordained minister.
Shownotes for this interview with Erik Harbison of AWeber on Email Marketing Tips and Tricks!