Dec 14, 2018
Think of your story like a Hollywood movie. In writing, podcasting, video, and more — we need to communicate our ideas in a way that draws people in. How? Stories!
Our guest Jeremy Enns, a story addict and a podcast-aholic, breaks down tangible advice for more connection, influence, and growth by utilizing stories.
A Few Highlights and
– Laura’s “Print Your Own Shirt” story about growing up in Orange County under the oppression of the Senior Princesses + lessons learned about life and business
– We all have been a “Senior Princess,” “Senior Queen,” and an “Invisible” — what can we learn from this?
– [8:30] Meet our guest, Jeremy Enns!
– When did Jeremy get interested in audio?
– What Hollywood Can Teach Us About Podcasting: A Star Wars Story
– How our guest Jeremy is a story addict and a podcast-aholic
– Advice to craft stories to get more engagement on all that you write and create.
– Hole in My Life book — what the author learned in jail about stories that are compelling
– How to improve your website copy with giving pieces of the story, bit by bit.
– Use cliffhangers in a story to make people want more from you!
– Why did Jeremy start a podcast? (Fun fact: He created the first and only ice cream podcast)
– HI Japan podcast — it’s live, yes!
– Why should you start a group around what you do? Here’s Jeremy’s great podcaster group started in May 2017.
– Why to put yourself in the middle of something — being a leader.
– Join my local Connecting SD group for entrepreneurs here in San Diego
– CTA: 7 mistakes that are killing your podcast and how to fix them: asceticproductions.com/copythatpops
Jeremy Enns is the Storyteller In Chief of Ascetic Productions asceticproductions.com, a podcast consulting and production company that believes that our personal and business stories really do have the power to change the world.
He is the co-creator of the world’s first and only ice cream podcast, and will always look back on the day he finally saved up enough money to buy the Millennium Falcon Lego set as one of his proudest life achievements.
Ascetic Productions is a podcast consulting and production company that is obsessed with crafting great stories.
Whether that’s for international companies like Salesforce and Hosteling International, or creative business solopreneurs hustling non-stop to grow their small businesses, AP believes that we all have a story to share, and that by sharing these stories we can truly and authentically connect with our audiences, and make the world just a little bit better, one sound wave at a time.